One of the saddest moments that people will have to experience is losing a loved one. Death will come unexpectedly. No one can ever escape death even the richest man in the world because life is priceless. This is the reason why health is wealth if you want to keep yourself away from deadly diseases. However, there are times that even though you are healthy, accidents can take your life in just a blink. This is when a burial service becomes a part of the scene.
What You Should Think of When Planning a Burial Service
Planning for a burial service of a loved one is never that easy. Knowing that you are still grieving because of what had happened, making decisions can add up to the burden you feel. In this case, planning for a burial service before reaching that point can save you a lot of time and can also alleviate sadness you feel. Listed below are some points to consider for a burial service.
- The first thing that you have to think of when planning for a funeral service is the cemetery and the burial plot. You can purchase a burial property as early as possible so you can be able to have the one that you can afford. When purchasing a plot, you have to acquire the necessary documents as proof of ownership and present them to the funeral director. If ever that pre-plan is not offered in the cemetery that you have chosen, then you should look for other places where you can get the service. When buying a property, you are given the following rights.
- When buying a burial property such as a columbarium niche or a mausoleum crypt, you are given the right to bury an individual in that area. Yet, keep in mind that the plot is still owned by the cemetery administration.
- A part of the payment for the interment rights will be shared with an irrevocable fund that will be used in maintaining the cemetery grounds.
- Though you have purchased the plot, you are still required to follow the rules imposed by the cemetery administration.
- The cost of the burial plot will depend on the size, the location, or the crypt. If ever that you do have the time to compare resale deals, then this can somehow save you money when acquiring a cemetery property.
- When paying for a burial service, you have to know other services included such as the opening and closing fee charged by the cemetery, grave marker as well as its installation, and the cost of the burial vault and casket.
- One of the most expensive things involved in planning a burial service is the casket. Yet, you need to know that purchasing an expensive casket is not necessary. You only have to go for the one that you can afford if you don’t want to worsen your financial burden. It is best that you look for a casket ahead of time knowing that you can find lots of options to choose from at varying costs. The cost of the casket normally depends on the material it is made of, the type of the casket, and also the thickness.
- When planning for a funeral service, you have to know every detail of what a traditional burial service looks like. You don’t have to come up with a sophisticated burial because you can already go for a simple burial service as long as the solemnity is there. Remember that this is not a moment for you to show off instead it is a time for you to give respect to the departed.
How to Save On Funeral Expenses
Not everyone has the money to deal with funeral expenses which can be a big problem for the grieving family. So if ever that you don’t want to get into that situation, then here are some tips that could help you lower down the cost of burial expenses.
- You must know your rights as a consumer. The funeral home should also give you details about the costs of their caskets. You have to be very wise when choosing a casket and you should not focus on having an expensive one.
- Before you contact a funeral home, it is an advantage if you already have an idea what type of funeral service you want. This will not only save you time and effort but it could possibly help you save money. When acquiring a funeral service, you should have an idea about what other services included that could affect the cost.
- One of the best ways that could help you save on funeral expenses is to compare the costs from different funeral homes. You can make a call to know the cost from various sources and go for the one that charges their services at a fair rate.
- Knowing that caskets are the most expensive item needed in a burial service, you have the right to look for other sources where you can get one at an affordable cost. The funeral home you have chosen doesn’t have the right to demand you of having their casket.
- You can also save money on a funeral if you will do the flower arrangements and also the obituary. You don’t need to hire a florist to arrange the funeral flowers if you know you can already do it your way.